Saturday, March 7, 2009

Monday March 2, 2009 (day two)

Today was all about focusing on Artfest. Well, I did go to work, but people are whiny babies there. Wee little selfish babies, so let's think about something else, yes? :)

In order to wash the stench of workplace stupidity off my person, I came home and worked on the art for my ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) for Artfest. The theme this year is Sea Creatures, a lovely theme if I do say so myself! :D

I've been into pulp cover and pinup art lately, so I thought I'd combine the two and make a sea creature pulp pinup cover! :D This little drawing to the left here is the fruit of that labour, an Octowoman with a magical necklace called The eye of Neptune that will somehow bring death and devastation to the human race. I'm not sure how, but that doesn't matter as I'm only doing a cover...I don't have to write the book! :D

Now, ATC's are the size of baseball cards, 2.5" x 3.5", so I'll scan this big painting (upon painting completion) into my computer and add the titling and then print out 35 of them, tart up the backs somehow (still working on that design), label them with my info and send them off to be put into the Artfest ATC Book.

Easy peasy! Uh-huh. No worries, I'll just whip these suckers out in no time! ACK! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment